EDI – How TMS EDI Works
(Instructions and definitions)
204 is the “Load Tender” from your EDI Partner
997 is a response that says they got the file
214 is a “Load Status Update” to alert the Partner when
the load has been picked up and delivered (in this case JUST the date, not
210 is the Invoice sent back to Vendor after the
214s (load status updates) are done – Your partner has to get the 214s before they process the
The GET.bat is a ftp script file that can be used to import (download) the 204s (this may have different names at different customer sites)
1. Use the GET.BAT file to pull those 204 loads down 204 is the “Load Tender”
2. Import the 204s – EDWIN, Operations, Import EDI Files, pick a file…..
Or: In Edwin, go to System Config, System Setup, Answer Y to Auto Import 204s. The in the next line put in a file mask of A*.txt – now when you go into EDWIN, and go to View 204s, it will automatically run the import on all those files.
3. Importing the 204 should create a 997 – this is a response back to
the partner, that says they got the file
4. Send this file to the Partner’s ftp server into the inbox folder via Automated or use send.bat
5. Now we should have a record in Edwin, Operations, View 204 – that can be viewed by hitting the <enter> button, edited, or space bar to Accept, then Process to
send to Dispatch as a Load.
6. When we find that load in the Dispatch load browser, you can hit the
“2” or the 214 button 214 is a “Load Status Update”
7. Now you can go back to EDWIN, Operations, Transmit 214 – all 214’s should be highlighted, this is the last chance to delete anything you don’t want to send…. Otherwise, hit the File 214 button to create a file.
8. Send this file to the Partner’s ftp server into the inbox folder – Automated or use send.bat
9. Now we can go back to DPWIN and invoice that load.
10. EDWIN, Operations, Transmit 210 – 210 is the Invoice all 210s should be highlighted,
this is the last chance to delete anything you don’t want to send….
Otherwise, hit the File 210 button to create a file.
11. Send this file to the Partner’s ftp server into the inbox folder – Automated or use send.bat
To Resend a 210
Press 2 on the mark loads for reinvoicing screen
Note* – There is no 210 button, but there is a 214 button